St. David’s is a youth-friendly church in which we continue to strive for the youth to have a conspicuous presence in parish life. Our church treasures young people – welcoming them into our midst; listening to them; responding to their needs; empowering them for the ministry of the baptized, supporting them with prayer, time, facilities, and money. Our young people assist with a variety of ministries during the 10:15 am service.
Currently youth are encouraged to come to Joyful Noise, our praise and worship band which meets Sundays at 11:45 am and to participate in various outreach programs.
Our Youth Group does not currently meet, Our teenagers are or have been active in the following Outreach activities:
- RISE – mission trip to upstate NY,repairing and rebuilding homes.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper – held on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, fund used for RISE mission trip.
- Souper Bowl of Caring –awareness and collection of non-perishable food on Super Bowl Sunday to help those in need.
- Dining at David’s- intergenerational summer backyard BBQ held in July & August.
- Christmas Caroling – intergenerational Christmas time tradition.
- Baking Cookies for dessert for the St. Paul’s Shelter Meal.
- Putting together Thanksgiving baskets for our seven Outreach families.
- Creating a ‘Real Food Stash’ from donated food supplies for our Outreach families.
- Providing sous-chef assistance for Wine and Food Pairing Events.
- Acolyte and Crucifer ministries in church.
- Heifer International Project – fund raiser & awareness of helping others in need through purchase of farm animals.