Diverse People + Inquiring Minds + Open Hearts
“Building Bridges of Hope with the Living Christ”
St. David’s supports marriage equality
Diverse People + Inquiring Minds + Open Hearts:
Building Bridges of Hope with the Living Christ
Thought of the Week:
“You look ridiculous if you dance, you look ridiculous if you don’t dance, so you might as well dance.” Gertrude Stein
Readings: 1 Samuel 8:4-20, 11:14-15, Psalm 138, 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1, Mark 3:20-35
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
Sunday, June 10th, Pentecost 3, Red Team;
New Member Welcome and David Hegg Award Nominee Reception
8:00 am Holy Eucharist with Birthday and Anniversary Prayers 9:15 am Choir Warm up
10:00 am Holy Eucharist with Birthday and Anniversary Prayers
11:15 am New Member Welcome and Reception for David Hegg Award nominees – help needed to serve – please contact Dale Wilhelm
3:00 pm Reception, St. Peter’s Church, Morristown
4:00 pm Senior Ministries Evensong
Tuesday, June 12th 7:00 pm AA Tuesday group
Wednesday, June 13th 1:00 pm Meditation 2:00 pm Tai Chi Chih 8:00 pm AA Wednesday group
Thursday, June 14th 9:30 am Healing Eucharist in the Chapel. Celebrating Basil the Great.
Time & Talent Stewardship
As members of St. David’s we answer Christ’s call to care for all of creation, including the people we encounter as our neighbors through our commitment to living as generous people. We give generously of our financial resources, but also of our human resources through commitments to serve Christ and the Church with pledges of our time and talents.
Please continue to bring in or mail in your Time and Talent forms.
Help needed Sunday June 10 – The food is covered. Please could a couple of volunteers help Dale pour tea and coffee at the Newcomer/Award Nomination Reception? Thank you.
On the Horizon
- Sunday June 17th 11:30 Dream Group
- Tuesday, June 19th 5:00 pm St. Paul’s Shelter meal
- Wednesday June 20th 7:00 pm Vestry
- Sunday June 24th Boonton Care Center service (formerly Merry Heart)
Opportunities for Service and Giving
- Paul’s Homeless Shelter in Patterson: next supper June 19th
- Serve: sign up in the back of the church to drive the food to Paterson, and help John serve the food to the shelter’s clients.
- Give: a financial contribution of any amount will help cover the cost of ingredients for the meals. Note on your contribution that it is for “St. Paul’s food”.
- Contact Joan Molee at email@example.com.
- Amazon Smile: when you shop online, use smile.amazon.com and choose St. David’s. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but St. David’s gets a donation. To select St. David’s, visit amazon.com/ch/22-2016285.
- Kinnelon Area Food Pantry:
- Serve: deliver collected goods to the pantry
- Give: bring nonperishable items to the wicker basket in the narthex.
- Contact Nancy Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grocery Cards/vouchers: purchase grocery cards for your use, and St. David’s receives a donation, or purchase vouchers which are pooled to support food pantries in the communities we serve.
- North Porch: a ministry supplying goods and services to mothers and young children
- Serve: deliver collected goods to North Porch in Dover
- Give: place items for children under 4 years old in the cradle in the church.
- Iced Tea and Lemonade hosts needed! Please sign up in the narthex to host after the 10:00 am service during the summer.
Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Butler Library/Butler Economic Development Committee Fundraiser
Friday, June 15, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Ramstein/High Point Brewery. Tickets $25/person, advance sales only from Butler Library (Ace Road) or SoulJourney (409 Main Street)
- Kinnelon Library Fundraiser
- Book Sale: coming in August. Good quality books and media items needed, as well as volunteers. For more information, contact the Library.
If you know of items such as these in your community, let us know to include it here. Contact the parish office at email@example.com.