Celebrate Christmas at St. David’s
On Sunday, December 8th at 10:00 am, we will collect and bless goods that have been gathered to support various ministries:
- Toys for children of incarcerated parents – unwrapped gifts for a variety of ages. In conjunction with Prison Ministry in the Diocese of Newark.
- Supplies for infants – diapers, formula, and other supplies to support mothers and young children. In conjunction with North Porch.
- Knitted items, travel size toiletries, and adult activity books (word searches, Sudoku, etc.) to support seafarers through NY/NJ area ports. In conjunction with the Seamen’s Church Institute.
Additionally, throughout December we will be collecting funds to support local, regional, and global ministries. Specifically we support:
- Willing Hands – a program for adults with developmental disabilities housed on campus at St. David’s
- Family Promise – an interfaith program providing emergency shelter and meals, as well as strategies for ending homelessness and hunger in our region
- Episcopal Relief and Development – one of the most highly-rated relief charities in the world, providing emergency assistance in natural disasters around the world, as well as support for systemic change in areas on ongoing need
To provide financial assistance, send a check to the church with “Christmas Outreach” in the memo line, or CLICK HERE to donate online (please indicate that your donation is for Christmas Outreach).
Christmas Caroling at Local Assisted Living Facilities: part social activity, part serving others! On Sunday afternoon, December 15th. For more information contact our Music Director, Sal Mallimo.
Christmas Open House – Rev. Jon and Michael will host an open house at the Rectory on Sunday, December 22nd from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Stop by for plenty of food, drink, and celebration!
There are many opportunities to give thanks to God and to pray for God’s guidance during this holiday season!
Advent: Each Sunday (December 1st, 8th, 15th, and 22nd) we have services at 8:00 & 10:00 am. Explore the hope and anticipation of the season! For more information on worship at St. David’s, CLICK HERE. As always, all are welcome!
Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24th at 5:00 pm. A traditional worship service with Christmas Carols, candlelight, sermon, and Holy Eucharist.
Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25th at 10:00 am. A smaller, quieter celebration of Christmas morning with more Christmas carols and a short sermon and Holy Eucharist.
Christmas Lessons and Carols: Sunday, December 29th at 10:00 am. Recount the stories of the faith with readings, carols, and anthems.